2014年12月18日木曜日

Maker Faire Tokyo(English)




I was inspired to the idea of MAKERS when I was in 9th grade, the book written by Chris Anderson,
and I wanted to go to the MAKER FAIRE someday.
Fortunately, this time I could go to the MAKER FAIRE Tokyo 2014 at the first time!

At first, I tried to get the Free Intel Edison Set(only for 50 peoples), so I went to the
stadium about 1 and a quater hour before the opening. Unfortunately, the Intel Edison Free Set was all out of stock.
There was a rumor in twitter that all Intel Edison were out of stock in the previous day.

I was disappointed, but I found there was more interesting thing on the next booth; The NVIDIA JETSON Robot.
I could feel the greatness of GPGPU and the smalless of the embedded.
GPGPU can do fast complicated calculation and speed up/increase the accuracity of image processing and machine learning( for 33x).
But in my memory, I thought I have to contract a NDA to get the Jetson, but it is open source, no NDA now.
Resently I got the JETSON TK1, so I'm going to write that topic soon!

I was surprised by the high technique of long distance radio communication.

This is a robot that can fly and also walk.(drone) It was developed my Mr.Hashimoto.
The teddy bear under the drone is also a robot too, it can read people's mind(it can connect to the internet).
The teddy bear robot's goal is to go around Japan by hichhiking!


This is a big-sized robot that can control by dynamic movement. This robot was so popular that I couldn't control it because of the long waiting line.

This is a Mars Rover. It was interesting that the design is different between the robot for Earth and the robot for other planets.

Others were Arduino+Cloud(AWS)+leap motion, Arduino Robot with Scratch IDE(Especially the interesting point was having a simulator and it can synchronize the movement to the real robot,,
ARM mbed IDE usefulness(it have software logic analyzer,osyloscope,simulator, and remote-debugger), Video Streaming(Processing) with Raspberry Pi Clustering,
 human plane simulator(using leapmotion and Ocurus Lift), moving Robot Arm with Gcode using Linux CNC(using Linux can have realtime system so it's good for controling robots), everything were interesting!
 
I hope I could apply this experience to my robot development.

0 件のコメント: